Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Self Reflection

I believe that this project was really good, it was interesting and I learned an in depth of the goings on during WWI on the front line for both the Allies and the Germans.
What I really like about this project is that I can create the project to fit my opinion about war, and that it is easily changed and viewed, so that when I want to look at what I have done I just click a button.
My work is a visual project with many pictures and detailed descriptions, this reflects my learning because when I learn, I like it to be simple and easy to understand, just like my project.
When I read this book I learned about myself that I am a free-thinker, I do not follow blindly a country or anyone else, I always question everything and try to have an open mind. In the end Paul starts to question the reasons of the war and who it could possibly benefit, because it certainly did not benefit the soldiers, instead it destroyed them for society. What he realized was that the only reason for war was so the few in power could gain more power, that while all his friends were dying around him the politicians were vying for power.
I learned from this and other books that war is useless except for those in power to gain more power, that when they did so they threw away the lives of the people who had no idea why they were fighting. Life is hard; and life is even harder for those with no power, for they are pawns to be used by those with power, as it has always been.

No comments: